Safety, Health & Environment Representative Course – Incident Investigation Occupational Health & Safety (M3)
The OHSAS 18001 standard states that an organization shall establish, implement and maintain a procedure(s) to record, investigate and analyse incidents in order to determine underlying OH&S deficiencies and other factors that might be causing or contributing to the occurrence of incidents. It does not give detail on how to do the incident investigation.
The course on Incident Investigation is meant to equip students with the following.
candidates who successfully complete this course will be able to:
- explain why and how workplace incidents need to be reported and investigated;
- explain the concepts of multiple causation and root-cause analysis;
- Apply root cause analysis techniques
- conduct an incident investigation process using a hypothetical incident; and
- produce an incident investigation report and related forms.
All those who have done the OHSAS 18001 course (NB: This course is offered as a complementary to the OHSAS 18001)
Gathering the Evidence
Determine the Root Cause
Document the Findings
Follow Up and Analyse
Incident Investigation Exercise
Introducing standards-based e-learning Eswatini
— 12 February 2021
- Standards-based training Our training courses are based on international standards ensuring high-quality content and delivery. Course modules are developed in cooperation with recognized standards